Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Batiluva

I just spent the last 5 days on Batiluva having great fun. Batiluva is a resort that parents can bring their children there for the weekend. We made anchor and I could only see about 2 houses. When we went on shore the next day they had two more houses and a lot more stuff than I had expected. It was rather clean and a nice beach. They have many comfortable hammocks and hammock chairs to my surprise. They are surrounded by forest of palm trees and there was a trail that led a 20 minute walk
to the village. I did not do the walk this time. Amazingly a small orange boat much smaller that ours carried all the stuff they had and all the stuff it took to build it onto that land.

While I was there I swam in nice cool water and kayaked around little coral heads. I also floated on inflatable rafts. Then I putted golf balls all around the main building of the resort. I threw noni fruits in the would because Sharon and Dan don't need them around on the ground because they make smelly puddles of muck when they get old.
Tristan and I helped Dan throw bamboo, palm branches and coconuts onto the fire to keep their grounds and beaches tidy. We made new friends, Ella and Billie, are 7 year old and 3 year old girls. They live in Fiji but are from New Zealand. I gave Ella golf lessons and Billie accidentally cut me. Billie liked to play with pillows and have pillow fights. We caught hermit crabs and had races. When the races were over my hermit crab was finally brave enough to come out and run faster than all of
them. When we were watching our movie we couldn't look after them at the same time so we put them in a cup. It was sort of cramped and I felt bad for them. They kept trying to climb on top of each other to get out. Poor little guys. In the end I through mine away, literally, I threw him back to the beach.

Lastly, we had a big buffet of dinner that was delicious. I ate more than absolutely everyone. We had spaghetti, the sauce was separate. I couldn't guess why. There was also spinach with bacon and a neat little cucumber salad with raisins and carrots. We had garlic bread with cheese on it, perfect. For dessert we had great Neopolitan ice cream.

Well, that is all I have to say about Batiluva. I will never forget it.
sincerely, Matthew

No comments: